After following this topic, you should be able to
- Describe a plasma membrane, and cell nucleus and nucleolus, and state their functions.
- Summarise the structure of eight cytoplasmic organelles and relate it to their function.
- Name two energy-providing storage products, and two pigments produced by cells.
- Describe the three kinds of cytoskeletal filaments found in cells.
- Describe the stages of mitosis, and meiosis, and what is meant by 'cell cycle'.
- Define diploid, haploid, polyploid and aneuploid, and recognise mitotic cells and dead cells present in a section.